On Sunday, Oct 22nd we launched "Operation Christmas Child" as an opportunity for our church family to make a tangible difference in the lives of children in need all over the world. Your role is to fill a shoe box with gifts for a child and return it St. Matthew on or before Sunday Nov 19th. We are also asking for $9 per box to cover the shipping.
What kind of Box?
You can use the pre-printed red/green cardboard box, a standard size shoe box, or a similar sized clear plastic tub (lid/container wrapped seperately).
What goes in the box?
- A wow item (shoes, outfit, musical instrument, stuffed animal)
- Small toys (toy cars, jump ropes, yo-yo’s)
- Non-Liquid Hygiene items (toothbrush, bar soap, comb/brush)
- School supplies (pens, pencils, crayons, markers, coloring books)
- A personal Note (a message to the child, and a photo of yourself if you wish)
- Click here for more suggestions.
*Do not include: candy, toothpaste, used or damaged items, war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Who is the gift for specifically?
Select one of the following categories and write it on your box
• 2-4 year old boy
• 5-9 year old boy
• 10-14 year old boy
• 2-4 year old girl
• 5-9 year old girl
• 10-14 year old girl
When do we return our box?
You can bring it to St. Matthew anytime between now and Sunday November 19th. Together we will pray for these boxes at our services that weekend.
How do I pay the $9 shipping?
We have special envelopes at the drop off table in the lobby. Make your check out to St. Matthew Lutheran.